Friday, February 11, 2011

Challenge launch!

Today was the challenge launch at the gym. It's the biggest event of the year so the place was buzzing! We got given our info packs, our Slimplicity diaries, score card and a little show bag of goodies (health / beauty product samples). We got broken up into teams according to what time we train at the gym. I'm in the 6am group (lets go blue team!) and all the other girls seem nice - I've seen most of them a few times around the gym and in classes so they should be good support. I also had to get my 'before' photos taken, which was a bit strange - just standing there, with 30 people looking at you - but they should be good to look back on in 12 weeks.

There was also a testing portion of the launch to give us a baseline score in a range of areas. I had to do a beep test, a five-lever test (sit-ups), push up test and plank test. This is how I went:

Beep test: level 9.1 (stoked about this as when I did the beep test in high school I could only get up 5 or 6!)
Lever test: level 5
Push ups: 10 on level 2 difficulty (on knees)
Plank: 2min 30sec (straight arms, on knees)

Overall I'm pretty happy with those results, considering I've only been going to the gym for a few months.

I also got measured and weighed in (unfortunately they didn't give me a copy of the measurements and I can't remember any of them!) but I weighed in at 86.8kg. So happy with this! One of my goals was to be under 87kg by 21st February so I've managed to reach that early! Since the challenge is 12 weeks I think I'll make my goal weight 78kg. It's realistic and if I lose more, then that's a bonus. The challenge finishes on my 23rd birthday so I would be ecstatic if I weighed 78kg at that point!

I also have weekly Slimplicity (food coaching) sessions and personal training. My first Slim session is Monday and PT (so so excited for that) is Friday, so I'll blog again to tell you how they both go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment