Friday, March 18, 2011

5 down, 7 to go...

Hello my lovely readers!

My poor blog has been somewhat abandoned for the last few weeks - uni got busy and I am on clinical placement at the moment.

Monday will mark the start of week 6 of the Get Foxy Challenge - I can't believe it! I am really enjoying my PT, Slim and the accountability it gives me. My weight loss hasn't been fabulous for the last couple of weeks, I only lost 900g this week and the week before put on 200g. I know why though, I have been a little slack with my nutrition and it's just been from laziness and lack of self-control. I have no excuse for that, I jut need to get my act together! My focus is going to be nutrition from now on since I have the exercise well and truly sorted out. I started the challenge at 86.8kg and am now 83.6kg, so 3.2kg in 5 weeks. Not anywhere near where I wanted to be. My goal is to be 75kg by the end of the Challenge / my birthday. Definitely need to be 100% focused if I'm going to get there!

On a more positive note, I have lost a fair bit off my body fat percentage and measurements. I was 41.6% fat at the launch (gross!) and am down to 36.1%. Unfortunately I'm not tech savvy enough to be able to show you my measurement spreadsheet, so I'll just list the changes:

12 Feb

Bust - 98.5cm
Under bust - 94cm
Waist - 96.5cm
Hips - 112cm
Upper thigh - 67cm
Lower thigh - 54cm
Arm - 31cm

14 Mar

Bust - 97cm
Under bust - 90.5cm
Waist - 94cm
Hips - 104.5 cm
Upper thigh - 62cm
Lower thigh - 53cm
Arm - 31.5cm

In 4 weeks I lost 18.5cm! I'm really pleased with that. I can see certain areas have toned up and I've had to buy some new jeans! In light of passing the 85kg mark, I though I would give myself a reward so I bought some snazzy new LJ gear (a cute red singlet and some shorts). You'd normally see me around the gym wearing an old t-shirt and 3/4 leggings but now I can actually wear a singlet and shorts - go me!

What else have I been up to food and exercise-wise while I've been MIA? Well, I finally got around to trying BodyAttack at the gym. Oh.My.Goodness. The phrase "BodyAttack - everything else is just a warm up" is definitely on the right track. This class is HARD! It involves sports-inspired moves, power and agility. I felt incredibly unco my first class, but the instructor is great and it torches 500 calories in an hour, so I've been back a couple of times. You definitely need to go a few times to get it :P

I also recently hopped on the quinoa bandwagon. After having read about this super-food many times, I thought I would have a crack at making some and you know what? It was delicious! So far I have only had it as an accompaniment to food like spag bol and stir-fry. My brother recently was diagnosed with Coeliac disease, so I'll be using the opportunity to find more ways of cooking this yummy stuff!

So that's it for now. Apparently all the Foxy girls will be participating in a sports carnival in a few weeks, so I'll let you know what happens with that.

Stay happy and healthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment