Saturday, April 30, 2011

Are we there yet?

Hi everyone,

Week 11 of my 12 week Challenge! OMG!

Once again I have forgotten all about my poor blog! A lot has happened since my last post...

First of all I participated in the 'Mid-way Foxy Challenge' which was a fitness pyramid (aka 2 hours of pain). I was competing against 12 other girls for this, with one person being eliminated per round and then a triple elimination at the quarter final. The rounds were push-ups, step-ups, plank, burpees, sit-ups, another plank!, and a wall squat. After making it through all of this, 4 of us were left. Onto the rowers! First two to row 1km would make it into the final. Proud to say I won this round! Which took me by surprise as I was battling a chest infection at the time and rowing definitely isn't my strong suit. The final round was a hard slog up a hill (gear 8) on the spin bikes. First to reach 2km would be crowned the winner. Unfortunately I came in as runner-up (by 4 seconds!) but was pretty proud of myself nonetheless.

In terms of weight loss, the journey to this point has been varied. I had a couple of small losses, one gain and one big loss. Luckily the gain was only 200 grams. Since my last post I have cracked into the 70s! Still a long way to go, but I haven't been in the 70s since early high school so am enjoying it! Currently I weigh 77kg (9.8kg lost so far!). To reach the goal I set for Foxy I need to lose 2kg in 10 days. Not sure if this is attainable (I've only had one loss that big) but I'm going to give it everything I've got. On the 9th of May we are having 'after' pictures taken and if I'm feeling brave enough I may share them with you ha ha ha ;)

My measurements have been progressing quite nicely. Still haven't figured out how to set up my spreadsheet on here, so will list them again:

14 March

Bust: 97

Under bust: 90.5

Waist: 94

Hips: 104.5

Upper thigh: 62

Lower thigh: 53

Arm: 31.5

11 April

Bust: 95

Under bust: 88

Waist: 83.5

Hips: 104.5

Upper thigh: 58.5

Lower thigh: 49

Arm: 28

So in a month, 23.5cm gone! And never coming back! Yay!

Final lot of Foxy measurements are being done in 3 days. I don't feel smaller though... Hopefully that's just me getting used to the new body and cm's are still dropping. Heaps of lovely girls at the gym have been complimenting me on how I look and it makes me realise that I am making progress. I know the numbers are telling me I am but I just can't see it in myself. Though the Foxy Challenge will be over in a week, I'm going to keep measuring myself once a month to keep track of everything.

So that's it from me for now. I'll try to remember to post again after next measurements and final weigh-in. Fingers crossed I get to 75kg!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment